Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old May 27th, 2011, 03:32 AM

Wifi Lags and loses signal constantly

Hello there.

I recently built a new desktop. I use my lanlady's internet connection since we share the bill. The router is in her place, but because I'm too lazy to make holes in walls to put through a wire to get internet, I decided to put a Wirekess Adapter into my desktop.
The Adapter is a D-Link Wireless N 150 Desktop PCI Adapter.

The problem is, at some points it's working great, getting like 6 mb speed on speedtest.net. And then from one moment to another, it will go so slow it barely even does anything. Then ends up doing nothing whatsoever.

The weirdest thing is that when I turn on my computer, it works fine (I can tell from my active downloads) and as soon as I open a browser it stops working.

I re-installed the Wireless adapter yesterday, and it started working great, but then this morning the same problem came back.

I have no clue what's wrong. When it's working it works great, so I rather fix this issue than start drilling holes in the walls...

Help please.

Thank you in advance.
Old May 28th, 2011, 06:08 PM

Now I tried uninstalling the wifi card to reinstall it and the damned thing won't leave my computer!

I tried through Add or remove programs, and when I tried unisntalling it, it stopped working but the program name is still on the list no matter how many times I try to remove it. It just auto updates itself. Meaning I can't reinstall it because the system still thinks it's there! GAH!
Old June 4th, 2011, 05:46 AM

Fixed the second problem. Still have the first. No one?
Old June 4th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Banned

O/S: Windows 95
dutasteride

spam post
Old June 15th, 2011, 03:13 PM

Seriously? No one?

The connection now just keeps going from great to pretty much nothing in seconds if not minutes
One second I'm downloading from 100-600 kbps and then it drops to 2 kbps or nothing at all. It's getting really anoying and making even the basic tasks unbearable.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:12 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
try going to youtube if u dont get a answer sometimes u can find solutions there or join a few sites im a part of 5 so i normaly get a reply in a day or 2