Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:30 AM

i'll try to understand what he is doing .... i wanna know that myself .... but i just hope its fixable !
Old June 18th, 2011, 04:12 AM

OK .....

finally the problem is gone .... but i cant really believe why i actually had this problem !!!

"Access Communication" does NOT allow any private person to acces the router menu to change any settings. ---> HOW STUPID is that !?!?!?
they just want you to connect all the wires, do into the internet and be happy !

what happens is: you connect everything and build your network and go into the internet and for a little bit everything is fine. you get your normal 192... IP for your network and you can acces the routermenu to do your changes. but after a little bit the router gets a signal from "Access Communication" and this signal sets the router to this 172... IP and locks everything !! now you cant do anything like i said.

now we found a solution to this problem:

i had to buy a router (just bought a D-LINK N150). i plug all my computers into this new router. then connect the new router with the ARRIS Router .... (my internet was still working) ...
now i had to phone the "Access Communication" internet service and tell them my story ... they have to shut off the NAT (whatever that is) and send an update to the ARRIS Router ...
i think after that the ARRIS works just as a plain modem. then they send some signal through the modem to my new router to do some IP updates.
the guy on the phone had a little trouble doing all this ... but afgter a few tries he finally got everything send out and updated and working.

so now my network has a 192... IP again and i can open up my ports and everything is fine .... and im happy.

--->>> SO I THOUGHT !!!

i was just writing tihs report here i noticed that my internet connection is gone !
OK ... phone "Access" again .... luckely i got the same guy on the phone ... i dont no really what now happend again but he said something that the ARRIS is trying to pick up some new IP all the time or so ...

now we decide to set everything like it was before. (only for the weekend)
on monday i wil go to an "Access" store and i will switch my ARRIS Wireless - 4 port router to an simply and plain 1-port non wireless router/modem.

i have to plug all my computers into the new router and connect this one with the 1-port router/modem and DONE !!!
he said that this should solve the problem and i dont have to phone again because this 1-port modem works without a NAT !

i hope everything is fine after that and i hope i could explain all this a little understandable ..... and if thereare any any questions - just ask - i'll try to remember !
I'll keep you informed if it works out on monday!
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:40 AM

i got the 1-port non wireless router from ACCES .... everything is connected and working ...
so finally the problem is solved !!!

thanks for trying to help me !!