Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:46 AM

Please help with Intel matrix storage

Hello Guys , Veronica Here!

first off, I am kinda new to computers, so forgive me if i through in there some terms that are not quite right.

what happened was, I wanted to add another hard drive to my computer so I went and bought a 500 gb hard drive, enough for all my videos and music and pictures and all of that, now i just want the extra space, I am not interested in creating a raid or any of that, so I added the hard drive and rebooted the system. so far so good, I went into the disk manager and formatted the disk and partitioned it to my liking. now after i did this every time I turn on the computer or restart it, I get this Intel matrix storage manager thingy. I am also able to do Ctrl + I which takes me to a screen that looks pretty much exactly like the picture i have here. (except this picture is not taken from my computer but it helps show what I am talking about) my question is, is there a way to bypass this so i dont see it anymore? what is it doing there?
do I need it of I want the extra hard drive?
thanks guys for all the help in advance, yours truly Veronica Hansen
Old July 22nd, 2008, 01:52 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Linux
You were right the first time - Initial topic in Hardware
Closed Topic