Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:00 AM

Exclamation Someone Please Read This!!!!!

Ok I have a Windows XP SP1 Toshiba Satellite 5105-S501 and everytime I turn it on at boot up it says that the isapnp.sys file is corrupted or sometimes the pci.sys file is mentioned, yes this also happens in safe mode and i've heard other people with this problem but they always say use the windows xp cd, I don't have that cd. I heard that the isapnp.sys and NTFS files are toshiba files only, and not gerneral files that all systems have. This has been happening since last December, it always ends up fixing itself but it has to be turned off for like 2 days. This happened last week and before that it was months ago so it does'nt happen often, I can't find a website to download the Recovery Console. I do not have the Windows XP CD, my computer already came with Windows XP on it. Does anyone have a way to fix this? Any ISO files that will fix these files that I could burn to make a bootable CD?

Thankyou and I'm 100% sure no one will answer this today, maybe mentioning i'm a little 14 year old would call more attention lol, I'm a kid i need more attention than adults! lol ok I just hope someone will answer this today.

Last edited by ibook8008; November 13th, 2005 at 01:36 AM. Reason: No one is reading this.
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:31 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Check to see if you have a folder named I386 (that's a capital I, not numeral 1) on the harddrive. If you do, you can extract a new isapnp.sys (which is an XP file, not a unique Toshiba file) from that folder to repair the one that's either corrupt or missing.

To do that:
1. Go to Start>Run
2. Type in "msconfig" (without the quotes), click OK
3. On the General tab, click the "Expand File" button
4. In the "File to Restore" type isapnp.sys
5. In the "Restore From" field type C:\I386\DRIVER.CAB (where C is the drive where the I386 is located)
6. In the "Save File In" field type C:\Windows\System32\Drivers
7. Click the Expand button

Getting an occasional "pci.sys" error can be (and often is) related to a bad or failing or loose RAM module. If you know how to access the RAM module, check to make sure it is firmly seated in its slot.
Old November 13th, 2005, 12:36 AM

ok thanks but....

Thankyou but I cant log into my computer, it's not booting up remember lol.
Old November 19th, 2005, 01:59 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Hey ibook8008 if you have the original windows cd then you can put the cd in and restart the computer and where it says what would you like to do, click windows repair and when you get to the command line type in FIXBOOT or type in FIXMBR either of those should work . hope that helped you out. good luck