Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows ME

Notices

Windows ME Problem solving for the Windows ME Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 24th, 2004, 10:01 PM

Microsoft Word for Windows ME ------ Please Help.

Hello, I am new here, wanted to say hello to everyone. Very glad that there is a website like this out here. Here is my problem, I cannot get my Microsoft word on my windows millenium edition to work properly, downloaded a viewer to where I can see and print out my saved documents but cannot create a new one. Recently bought updated software microsoft works suite 2004 and the microsoft won't work on it either, computer is saying something is not installed to carry it out. I hope this made some kind of sense, any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day to all.

Take care,

Mebel
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:09 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Welcome

You will have to give more info.

What happened before this started happening?
Do you get any error messages? (what are the exact errors)
Old June 25th, 2004, 04:07 AM

Microsoft Word accidentally got deleted before I loaded Microsoft Works Suite 2004.

Error Message says "Microsoft Works, The works task launcher cannot access the task you selected. Files needed to start the program maybe missing, corrupted, or may have been deleted. To restore or replace the files, reinstall the program, and then try starting the program again."

I purchase this computer from a rent to own place that did not give be the boot disk.

Are there downloads that I can download to alleviate this problem, that I can get my microsoft word program back in the working order that it should be. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mebel
Old June 25th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

You will need the Setup Disks to (Re)Install Word.
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:49 PM

Thanks so much Degsy. You are the greatest.
Hopefully I can help someone some day and return the favor.

Peace and Love,

Mebel