Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old March 15th, 2018, 04:20 AM

Non-restore

My windows 10 computer would not install some updates and was continually attempting to uninstall them. I attempted to do a System restore. A message said the restore could not be completed. Windows Defender says there is no virus. What to do?
Old March 16th, 2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
My windows 10 computer would not install some updates and was continually attempting to uninstall them.
Did you mean to say it was continually attempting to "uninstall" them? Or did you mean to say "re"install them.

Have you done a reboot then manually told Windows Update to check for updates?

I have found these type problems typically sort themselves out. It may take a few days, but typically either Windows eventually corrects itself, or Microsoft releases a correct update that fixes things.

How long as this been going on? Do you know which updates are causing the problems?