Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old July 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM

Upgrading from Starter to Home Premium

Hi All,

I bought a S10-3T tablet/netbook with Starter on it and want to upgrade to Home Premium. If I use the windows anytime upgrade option, will it allow me to do a "fresh install" or just overwrite/add to Starter edition? I really want to fresh install. Are there any advantages to just buying a copy of Home Premium rather than doing the upgrade? And finally, what happens if I need to restore my tablet/netbook due to a virus, how would I then reinstall the upgrade to Home Premium? Do I just use the key again, or does MS give me a DVD (for another XXX dollars I assume)...???

Before I jump into the upgrade I want to make sure I make the right upgrade decision.

Thanks for the help.
Old July 29th, 2010, 08:05 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Hi Maninblue. I see that your topic has had lots of views but no replies. I cant answer all of your questions and I dont want to give you incorrect information so why not go straight to the horses mouth? Post a topic here.
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:45 PM

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and I will certainly check out that link. I am not really in a hurry so maybe someone will post a reply. I just hate to do the upgrade route and then realize it would have been better to just my own copy and load it off of the USB drive.

Rob
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:55 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Understandable.