Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 8

Notices

Windows 8 Problem solving for the Windows 8 Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM

Create recovery media

Hi, this is Muhilan. I have Sony Vaio Windows 8 laptop.Accidently I was deleted some of my 'C' drive files. Then automatically I was missing more tiles like applications, windows store, desktop, some of my Vaio apps. Suddenly I went to all apps there also these are missing. I am the beginner to the computer. Still now I don't created recovery media. I want to reset my pc. What I do now? Help me........
Thank u
Old June 30th, 2013, 03:50 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Depends on the model of the VAIO, to restore back to factory settings, which means you will lose anything you installed since getting the laptop, you can try;

Reboot and start tapping the F10 key once the VAIO logo appears that states "edit Boot Options" then press <enter> to launch the tools

or

Does it have a ASSIST button/key? If so with the computer off press it and it should start the computer and launch the rescue partition.

List model would really help
Old June 30th, 2013, 07:11 PM

Sony vaio Model no svE15136CAB
Old July 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Boot and immediately start tapping "F10" key to access the recovery partition.

The recovery partition contains an image copy of the original factory settings of Sony VAIO E Series. When you first run the Sony VAIO E Series, you will already be prompted to make a set of recovery disks. This is extremely important because if you do not have a copy when a system crash comes along, you might have a difficult time addressing the problem.

When you use the recovery partition, the only thing that is left on your Sony VAIO E Series is the original factory setting of the laptop. This means that all the settings and files you have will be deleted. Make a backup of your files and folders to make sure that when you restore back to the original settings, you can easily restart again since you have all the files and settings you need.