Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:00 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
How do I edit a PDF file?

I need to create a flyer for work. A fellow employee emailed me this really great flyer I can use, just change the information on it. When I click on say the phone number in the flyer and hit delete or backspace it doesn't do anything. The curser just sits in the document.

How do I change what's in the flyer? It's a PDF file.

Thanks for your help!
Old April 19th, 2008, 01:03 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you need the full version of adobe acrobat, you cannot edit with the reader.
Old April 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. That does explain it. The full version is something I buy correct? It's not a free download from the Adobe site or anything?
Old April 19th, 2008, 04:57 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraGreg View Post
Thank you so much for responding so quickly. That does explain it. The full version is something I buy correct? It's not a free download from the Adobe site or anything?
Correct! And Adobe really can make a fortune on its purchased products, e.g. check HERE -

Foxit Software offers a 'free' PDF reader (which is the one I use as my default - really loads fast!); the company does have an editor, which is shareware (i.e. free to try) - have not used this product, so you may want to look at the reviews.

Open Office may offer PDF editing in its next release (I'm currently running OO 2.3 on my Linux laptop - which will not do PDF editing), but not sure when that is coming out nor whether there might be a 'work around' - the office suite is 'open & free'! Good luck!
Old April 19th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you both so very much. Have a wonderful weekend.