Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old February 19th, 2012, 05:41 PM

Slow opening Internet Explorer

My laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote BU, operating system Vista Home Premium (now sp 2) , CPU 1.83 GHz and Ram 2 GB. The Internet Explorer browser used to be working fine until recently the IE has become very slow opening a webpage, which can take 4-5 minutes to open any new page. I had suspected it might be due to some malware or spyware and so I scanned with Spybot-Search & Destroy and let it fix whatever was found. But to no avail. I then upgraded my IE 8 to IE 9. It does not help either. My internet broadband should be okay because if I use Google Chrome on this same laptop or use my desktop pc for the internet, there is no problem. Something else must have caused the program to run slow. Can anyone advise how can I fix it.

Thank you
tghauw
Old February 19th, 2012, 10:41 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Try running the fixit here tghauw.
Old February 23rd, 2012, 04:17 PM

I followed the instruction in Fixit as suggested to uninstall IE 9. It went back to IE 8 and it is now working fine.
Thank you Ann

tghauw
Old February 23rd, 2012, 09:40 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
You are welcome.