Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old June 1st, 2018, 11:27 PM

Windows keeps crashing Critical Process Died

Hello,

Woke up to my PC stuck in boot. Rebooted everything seemed fine started looking in event viewer to find out what happened and it crashed giving me BSOD and Critical Process Died error.

I rebooted fine tried to run SFC in CMD prompt and it crashed again.
Rebooted directly into CMD prompt tried running SFC got "not enough memory resources are available"
Tried to run DISM checkhealth and it said online command not found.
Booted into safe mode with networking and CMD prompt tried SFC again it crashed.
Did the same and tried DISM checkhealth and it crashed.
Booted into startup menu look at options and now it freezes when i choose an option.
reboot into windows normally let it sit at login for a few mins while i was researching on phone and it crashed again.

Last attempt to boot into windows and it froze on the windows logo screen.

Is this a software or hardware issue? I originally thought it was due to a failed windows update or corrupted update issue because i know my other PC just did an update last night so figured this one might have too. Now I'm far out of my depth in knowledge.

Thanks for any help

Mike
Old June 2nd, 2018, 11:54 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
1st thing I would do is get into your CMOS Setup, and set it to default, save and exit. Sounds like either a driver or hardware problem.
Old June 4th, 2018, 07:27 AM

Thanks Murf.

I tried for days and finally gave up. I installed a new copy of windows onto an old SSD and 95% off all my files are on other HDDs so it just seemed to make more sense to cut my losses.

I am having a ton of problems with the SSD that was the OS drive both plugged into a sata cable and with a external enclosure. So I'm guessing that has something to do with the problem.

It shows up I can start to click on the folders but when I try to get into the user's folder or copy/transfer or do anything it freezes and disappears.

I tried running SMART tool and it failed then froze and disappeared.

If you have any ideas I'm open there is atleast one file I have to get off that drive.
I will probably start a new thread.
Old May 15th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

1| Have you made sure there are no BIOS updates and device drivers pending for update on your system?
2| Since you've stated that the installation is via the free upgrade path, you'll need to revert to Windows 7 and then populate the system with any and/or all hardware changes. Once done reinstall Windows 7, update to SP1 and then receive option to upgrade for free. Once there you can migrate to Windows 10. Mind you you can perform a reinstall of Windows 10 but if you were to change any hardware literally you'll need to revert to older OS to implement said changes.
3| Try a repair install to rule out any corruption in OS's files.

Last edited by smurfy; May 29th, 2019 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Spamalot