Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Malware Removal

Notices

Malware Removal Discussion about Trojans, viruses, hoaxes, firewalls, spyware, and general Security issues. If you suspect your PC is infected with a virus, trojan or spyware app please include any supporting documentation or logs

Topic Tools
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:39 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
runtime errors

hi gang
once when i opened my spam box i saw this free scan option.not wanting it i tried to delete it so i hit delete and it opened up anyway and started to scan.
then avast stopped it along with spysweeper..i did a sweeper sweep and it put into quarentine..it said it a malware thing called mal\hckpk-e..spy sweeper didnt work right after that so i uninstalled though the add and remove area but
then i have a run time error.when i come on the computer i get these messages
eaying "runtime error "0" in the box above it it says vabccelerator sgrid 11 control then another box comes up saying "maleare bytes anti malware runtine error 440automation error "0".i contacvcted spysweeper but they havent responded to me question...;what can i do?thanks

coonsanders
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:14 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

Hello coonsanders,

Let's see what all is there first.

To keep them from interfering with the repairs, be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares while these steps are being completed. This can usually be done through right clicking the software's Taskbar icons, or accessing each software through Start - Programs.

Download RSIT (random's system information tool) from here to your desktop. Then click on the RSIT.exe to open the RSIT display, and click the Continue button.

If necessary allow it to locate or download a copy of HijackThis as needed.

Once the scan completes a textbox will open - copy/paste those contents here for review please. The log can also be found at C:\rsit\log.txt.

RSIT will also create a second log, info.txt, which will be minimized to your taskbar. Post that here as well please (it will also be stored at C:\rsit\info.txt).

You can break logs into parts and use separate posts here when replying and posting the log files, if needed.

--------------

Also click here and download the installer for Gmer to your desktop, then click that file to run Gmer.

If on it's opening scan Gmer locates items shown in red or indicates "hidden" or "rootkit", stop there, and click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please. We don't want any crashes just from taking an initial look at things.

If not, then click on Scan (before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan).

When completed, click on the Copy button and rightclick on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and rightclick again and choose Paste. Copy the information and post it here please.
Old October 16th, 2009, 03:44 AM

hi
it turned out to be a conflick with another anti malware on my computer..so i uninstalled it..do you know what freedb compleate tar tar is?i cant seem to find it on my computer
but it stops spysweeper then i do a sweep.thanks.

coonsanders
Old October 16th, 2009, 04:15 AM

Given the spelling of that item sorta looks like you have asked on this in other forums, and of course one other thread here. Please be sure to take the time to post in all other locations you have asked on this, to keep them from duplicating efforts. And assuming the word is "complete", SpySweeper is unable to scan some compressed free software database file. Very often SpySweeper does hang on things like compressed files, but perhaps the doubled "tar" suggests a more complex compression (zipping) method used.
Old October 16th, 2009, 12:22 PM

hi
but you dont know how to rid my computer of it?i did a scan with my computers seach
and it did not come up as installed...

coonsanders
Old October 16th, 2009, 05:50 PM

Not sure, really. Don't know what is loaded there to better determine what suggestions to make. Basically in part why the scans and their logs are suggested.