Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old May 2nd, 2007, 11:56 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Dual Boot XP/Vista

Hello,
I was wondering how difficult is it to make your computer a dual boot system? I've got a copy of reliable XP and a shiny new copy of Vista Business. I've also got a new 250 GB SATA drive. What I'd like to do is split the drive 100 GB for Vista, 150 GB for XP. I've never done a dual system before, this would be a fresh install for each OS. Do I just install each as normal or will I have to do something special? I'm doing a dual boot because I don't know if I'm going to switch to Vista yet and would like to give it a try first. Call me old fashioned but if it wasn't for "Gaming for Windows" I'd still be running trusty windows 2000.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:02 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
first of all, if your xp was used to justified the vista business purchase then you cannot dual boot.

How to dual boot
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:42 AM

Nope, both were thoughfully supplied via the MSDNAA Software Center courtesy Towson University. No need to cheat the system when you can get Vista, XP, 2000, Visual Studio 6, and SQL server for free. Thanks for the link, and I'll let you all know how it works out for me.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:11 PM

So far so good. It looks like it worked like a charm. I've got both installed and will hopefully not have any issues with Vista. Thanks for the link.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 03:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigmooish View Post
So far so good. It looks like it worked like a charm. I've got both installed and will hopefully not have any issues with Vista. Thanks for the link.
glad things are working out for you.