Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:36 AM

Emachine problem.

Hi, I have an Emachine, but I recently got a virus so now I want to format my computer but .....I lost the paper for the restoration but cd's are still there. Can anyone tell me the instructions on reformation an Emachine T2885? It has 3 restoration disk, I'm really desperate for a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old December 28th, 2005, 12:24 PM

Anyone? Even if it's another kind of Emachine, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old December 28th, 2005, 01:01 PM

O/S: Windows Vista
Hi,
I own an emachine. To restore it all i would insert disc 1 and press restart. When the pc boots up you will have an option to load from the cd. Choose this and then it should start the process.
If you have a virus go to cybertech forum and they can help to remove it in no time. I would try that before reformatting.
Morby
Old December 28th, 2005, 09:42 PM

Well right now it seems like my only option is reformating, but can you give me more of a step to step on how the disks work? I inserted the first in the E: Drive then it gives me the option of 1 restore computer and 2 follow cd's inscrution, when I type in option one it gives me an error while option 2 requirs me to type in an extra comman.....I wish I hadn't lose those insctructions taht came with teh computer.
Old December 29th, 2005, 06:24 AM

Ok I found out how to reformat myself, but right now when ever I get pass the yes screen it keeps asking me for a Ghost.text file thing, I think it's Symantec Ghost program....which I might have deleted a long time ago can someone tell me how to recover or get this program back so I can reformat my computer?