Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old January 10th, 2016, 10:48 AM

Can't get Minecraft to use dedicated GPU

I'm not sure about other apps since I can't see what GPU they use.
I have a Lenovo G50-70 laptop. My GPU's are:
Intel(R)HD Graphics
Radeon R5 M230
Minecraft only uses the integrated Intel Graphics.
I've changed the settings of both graphics so that they maximize performance, you know the 3D settings, anti-aliasing, maximize performance on battery and plugged in and stuff, all of that. It still uses the Intel Graphics.
I've found that if I disable the drivers for the Intel GPU Minecraft won't open saying that drivers are old, even though they are all up to date.
So I checked DirectX Diagnostic Tool and found that the Radeon graphics are set to render-only and the Intel ones are "Full display device". When I disable its drivers it is replaced by some "Microsoft basic display driver" and the Radeon graphics are still set to render-only and does not replace the Intel's functions.