Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:17 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
collage student trying to build a budget workstation

Hello all I'm a UC Davis student majoring in technocultural studies (3d animation, sound design, and the like) and I am working on building a work station PC that doesn't cost more than my student fees. please review the links below and tell me if they would work for a pc running maya and other 3d animation apps at a great speed.

a bare bones kit from tiger direct

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...4&Sku=B69-1066

video card from new egg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130486

I also plan on using the IDE header for a dvd room/CD burner form my old pc.

I will also pick up a sata all in one reader media card system for SD and floppy. (ok maybe not floppies)

planing to put in a blue ray disk reader at a later point and maybe an extra graphics card to run in SLI.

I know I can't get a real work station at my budget but I'm tyring to get a real damn nice 3D animation PC for under 1500, and planing to add some small updates later.

Also do you know if any of these parts will have issues running with fedora, (planing on dual booting with windows any way but prefer linux)

I'm not counting monitors, speakers, or key broads and mice in the price because I already have workable (although not preferable options already)

except for the monitor, it's a 42 inch; yeah baby...
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:19 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
I forgot to mention the target program I want to run is Maya, but I don't know what my professor will make us use just yet so I need a good general PC.

also my email is ate89@sbcglobal.net please email me your opinions.