Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:19 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
An Error Occurred Creating the AOL Companion Script Engine (80004005).

Hi Guys as you can see i'm new to this particular forum. I use AOL dial up and recently went on vacation during which time my system was switched off at the mains, since i've returned i get the error message (the title of the thread) displayed everytime i start my system up. In some way i think this has also affected 'javascript' because my pc isn't able to access some websites and the message 'javascript disabled' is displayed on SOME that i can't access however when i follow the instructions on how to re-enable javascript (Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, Enable Active Scripting) it makes no difference whatsoever. Since i've had the problem EVERY site i visit is affected in one way or another, some sites more than others, some sites can't be accessed at all and on other sites i'm unable to use certain functions, buttons, smileys etc, on AOL's main front 'page of the day' the main photo never displays and worst of all im unable to use the searchbar more than once each time i turn my pc on. I've been back from vacation about 6 weeks but i already need another as this problem is driving me to despair, if you can help and it would be so very much appreciated, would you please type any instuctions that i might need to carry out in the simplest terms as i'm very much a novice when it comes to computers as you might have gathered, desperately hoping someone can help and thanking you in advance, BM.

Last edited by Bluesman; August 17th, 2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old August 20th, 2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
Hi Guys as you can see i'm new to this particular forum. I use AOL dial up and recently went on vacation during which time my system was switched off at the mains, since i've returned i get the error message (the title of the thread) displayed everytime i start my system up. In some way i think this has also affected 'javascript' because my pc isn't able to access some websites and the message 'javascript disabled' is displayed on SOME that i can't access however when i follow the instructions on how to re-enable javascript (Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, Enable Active Scripting) it makes no difference whatsoever. Since i've had the problem EVERY site i visit is affected in one way or another, some sites more than others, some sites can't be accessed at all and on other sites i'm unable to use certain functions, buttons, smileys etc, on AOL's main front 'page of the day' the main photo never displays and worst of all im unable to use the searchbar more than once each time i turn my pc on. I've been back from vacation about 6 weeks but i already need another as this problem is driving me to despair, if you can help and it would be so very much appreciated, would you please type any instuctions that i might need to carry out in the simplest terms as i'm very much a novice when it comes to computers as you might have gathered, desperately hoping someone can help and thanking you in advance, BM.
Im getting desperate, help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Im getting desperate, help pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!
Anyone ?????????????????
Old September 6th, 2007, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Anyone ?????????????????
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!