Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old August 23rd, 2007, 11:21 PM

Exclamation laptop power problem, laptop. power from battery to motherboard.

i was working on a Dell Latitude 110L laptop for someone and I had to short two pins on the motherboard to erase the service tag and bios security password. the motherboard was placed upward and I was holding onto the battery attempting to do the short. while doing this i had the battery in. it was powering on fine then all of the sudden the battery fell out. after this the computer wouldn't power on without the AC power cord. the laptop wont boot up without the AC adapter in.

the power jack isn't broken (i used a multimeter to check).

I was thinking maybe I could solder a pin to the main source on the motherboard but I cant find it. Any tips??

also I might just order a new motherboard... however, I don't know if it's the battery. i'm afraid to check to see if the batteries good because I can't find information on the PINs to touch with the multimeter.
i don't want the battery to explode.. what should I do??

please help. thanks.