Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old June 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM

Question EXE installer randomly closes...

My exe installers automatically close after about 10 seconds, and it won't let me install anything from an exe because of it... Any suggestions why?
Old June 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Hi there,

Try this Microsoft Link. Scroll about half way down the page to the section on Reinstalling the InstallScript engine. There are other possible causes and fixes on the page so if reinstalling the engine doesn't work there may be something else for you there.

"Reinstall the InstallScript engine
To reinstall the InstallScript engine from InstallShield Developer, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, click All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Windows Explorer.
2. Open the following folder: C:\Program Files\InstallShield\Developer\Redist\Language Independent\i386.
3. Double-click Isscrpt.msi.
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen."

Last edited by squirekat; June 12th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM

This problem will not go away, no matter what I try. I have reinstalled the script, even reinstalled all the system files, but it won't go away...
Old June 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthood View Post
My exe installers automatically close after about 10 seconds, and it won't let me install anything from an exe because of it... Any suggestions why?
are you running the exes in as an administrator? In other words are your account settings set to admin and have full access rights?
Old June 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM

I am the administrator of my computer, and its not that they won't load up in the first place, its just that after a few seconds they close. If the installation is small enough it sometimes finishes before it closes, leaving me with the proram installed...