Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Topic Tools
Old April 22nd, 2021, 12:53 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
Unhappy How to download/ save my own website asking as a Noob

Basically I can no longer afford my site. I want to keep it dearly but I cannot pay. I am a noob at this stuff but I want to download/ save the site so that when I can host I can just re-upload its contents. Preferably with out having to edit much, but I am not sure if that is possible. I just want to save as much stuff as possible without having to edit and build again.

I would just like someone to tell me as a noob how I could do it. I have heard that HATTrack and Wget are popular choices? But with either one I was hoping to find someone that can explain what to do exactly so I do not make a mistake! Do those programs save templates as well?

I would really appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions as my domain will be ending soon!

Old April 23rd, 2021, 04:29 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
How did you upload all your files? If it was through a FTP software, can't you simply download it through that? A few years ago I ran a little forum on a web host. I would upload everything through an FTP program called Filezilla. I would also download/back/up everything through Filezilla. Unless there's anything specific that wouldn't allow you to do that, I don't see why it should be a problem.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 10:37 PM

O/S: Windows XP Home
As mentioned initially I am a noob so I am not very aware of what exactly FTP is.

When I built the site I believe I was building it through bluehost. It is a wordpress website that was being hosted by bluehost so between either one I guess I was uploading through one. I say bluehost because its the hosting platform?

Ive tried contacting bluehost but so far the support seems to be vague or not able to completely understand my question. There is a larger concern for me to renew and sell additional products than anything
Old April 24th, 2021, 12:29 PM
Jill

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
I've never had my own website, but maybe this will help.
https://www.bluehost.com/blog/how-to...ordpress-site/
Old April 24th, 2021, 04:51 PM
CTH Subscriber

If IPR512's suggestion doesn't help, here's a Google search link that shows a list of "help" web pages, that describe how to back up your Wordpress site....

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+...4dUDCA4&uact=5
Old April 29th, 2021, 05:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites2k View Post
I would really appreciate any ideas, comments, or suggestions as my domain will be ending soon!
Have any of the suggestions above, helped you at all? It would be nice to know, just in case anyone else has similar problems.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nites2k View Post
Basically I can no longer afford my site. I want to keep it dearly but I cannot pay. I am a noob at this stuff but I want to download/ save the site so that when I can host I can just re-upload its contents. Preferably with out having to edit much, but I am not sure if that is possible. I just want to save as much stuff as possible without having to edit and build again.

I would just like someone to tell me as a noob how I could do it. I have heard that HATTrack and Wget are popular choices? But with either one I was hoping to find someone that can explain what to do exactly so I do not make a mistake! Do those programs save templates as well?

This is not difficult if you use Firefox as your browser, (method is different with other browsers).
Navigate to your site, click the applications menu (three lines top right) Click save page as, (HTML) make a place to save it and you're done.