Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Topic Tools
  #1  
Old August 23rd, 2021, 06:35 PM
Total Noob Total Noob is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 556
World Feud

This is a two part irk. Please bear with.

We watch Family Feud. Not for the intellectual value, I'll be candid.

It wasn't long before I figured out it was possible to win even if your family is stupid or can't speak English. Here's how: Family Right wins at the podium with a high value response, and then passes. Family Left stands mute and is eventually buzzed out. Family Right fails to steal. Family Left gets the points.

This repeats for each question and if somehow the points add up to 300 after the fourth question, Family Left wins even without a correct response. If Family Left wins 5x in a row, they drive off with a Ford Fusion or other car.

Maybe this was intentional but I doubt it. Maybe the questions are set in advance such that no family could get 300 points without a correct answer along the way and this really isn't an issue. That seems possible but is hard to confirm because they may switch questions to prevent this while the game is in progress which seems kind of dirty. I don't know.

Now the part that really irks me. I sent this information to the producers and suggested that it is a problem and maybe they want to think about some kind of fix, like limiting the value of top answers in the triple so you can't win without any correct answer for the whole episode.

And I got no response.

Maybe the folks are busy or on break during the pandemic and nobody was picking up messages, or maybe it is a non-issue as I said, but it seems to me more like the issue is what is going on in the rest of the world: Gullible morons who don't accept advice from smart people because they figure Einstein has nothing on them, ie, I don't need your f'ing vax! Or your f'ing insurance! or your seat belts! And I'll smoke like a chimney in your face because tobacco doesn't really cause cancer, it is all a hoax by the Chinese!

Because I'm soooo much smarter than any f'ing liberal braniac!

My point is that school is dumbed down so much we no longer have people who think there's anything to learn.

What do all you think?
Reply With Quote


  #2  
Old August 23rd, 2021, 10:55 PM
SpywareDr SpywareDr is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 623
Learn? No time man. Might miss Family Feud!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 24th, 2021, 07:46 AM
The Dude The Dude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 5,724
Ya well they probably didnt think anyone would ever purposely lose
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 24th, 2021, 02:53 PM
lufbra lufbra is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Posts: 12,482
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob View Post
What do all you think?
I think you should look in your local media rag for an axe throwing club, and sign up quick!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 25th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Noob View Post
My point is that school is dumbed down so much we no longer have people who think there's anything to learn.
I think you are right. I enjoy a few quiz programs, but it has amazed me what some of the contestants don't know.

Often on the British version of Tipping Point the answer is in the question, but many of these dumbed down contestants can't even work it out. The contestants on the British version of The Chase aren't much better, while those on the Australian version are so woeful I have stopped watching it.

However on one other quiz show, the US version of Jeopardy, it has amazed me how smart the contestants are. This program goes against the trend. I've developed a new respect for the US people.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 27th, 2021, 04:03 PM
Ensign Tzap Ensign Tzap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
However on one other quiz show, the US version of Jeopardy, it has amazed me how smart the contestants are. This program goes against the trend. I've developed a new respect for the US people.
Interesting that you say that.....
Many of the viewers here in the US, have been getting angry at the show's producer's for dumbing down the questions.


Signed: Ensign Tzap

Last edited by Ensign Tzap; August 27th, 2021 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 28th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Tzap View Post
Interesting that you say that.....
Many of the viewers here in the US, have been getting angry at the show's producer's for dumbing down the questions.
Hope that's not the case, remember here in Australia we get older episodes. Currently we are watching the show with Alex Trebek as host, and I know he died last January.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 28th, 2021, 03:24 PM
Jintan's Avatar
Jintan Jintan is offline
Cyber Tech Help Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 52,148
I own a TV, but don't have it connected to anything. So from this I guess I'm not missing anything.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 28th, 2021, 03:31 PM
Ensign Tzap Ensign Tzap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Hope that's not the case, remember here in Australia we get older episodes. Currently we are watching the show with Alex Trebek as host, and I know he died last January.
Yeah,
So far, they haven't found a replacement for him.

Thus, this past spring, and until now.
We've been seeing repeats of last season.
Inter-mixed with the best episodes of Jeopardy, and weekly guest hosting's.

The person who finally gets chosen, has some BIG SHOES to fill.



Signed: Ensign Tzap
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 28th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintan View Post
I own a TV, but don't have it connected to anything. So from this I guess I'm not missing anything.

Well that's quickly solved:
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old September 4th, 2021, 02:22 AM
Jaytee's Avatar
Jaytee Jaytee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
O/S: Linux
Location: Hamilton New Zealand
Posts: 3,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Well that's quickly solved:
We have a name for that device in our local language " KOTANGA " Means car Ariel...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old September 4th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Ensign Tzap Ensign Tzap is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Posts: 884
That's not a Car Antenna.

This is a CAR ANTENNA!


Signed: Ensign Tzap

Last edited by Ensign Tzap; September 5th, 2021 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old September 6th, 2021, 01:27 AM
Ned Seagoon Ned Seagoon is offline
CTH Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
O/S: Windows 10 Home
Location: Sunshine Coast, Australia
Age: 78
Posts: 3,250
Good one,
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old September 7th, 2021, 02:48 AM
Jaytee's Avatar
Jaytee Jaytee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
O/S: Linux
Location: Hamilton New Zealand
Posts: 3,360
Yip,,,,
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Topic Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:25 PM.