Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > The Anything Else Board

Notices

The Anything Else Board This board has been designed for all those subjects that don't quite fit in any of the other categories, and is also a place to share ideas and knowledge that you think might prove valuable to our other visitors

Topic Tools
Old September 28th, 2020, 10:52 PM

flash

Hi, I keep getting a notice that flash will no longer be supported as of December. What will I have to do to get flash back?

Thankyou
Pat
Old September 28th, 2020, 11:43 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Nothing you can do, I think. Adobe's reasoning and announcement (they planned this back in 2017) is here. Pretty straightforward.
Old September 29th, 2020, 02:36 AM

I would think keeping an older browser for flash stuff might work.....

Im on IE6 for example and flash/java thankfully work fine
Old October 5th, 2020, 06:45 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: MacOS
Flash effectively dies 5 years ago or more.. Web sites have moved on.. you'll find VERY few which default to using Flash. Most will use HTML5 videos...

what reason do you think you need it today? You most likely do NOT, unless your using something like a 2002 system with IE 6. In which case, you really need to upgrade.

If you are referring to needing the application Flash for development... Your ONLY choice is to already own Flash CS6 (Because finding it for purchase will be difficult)... and then maintaining an operating system that will run CS6 applications.
Old November 15th, 2020, 05:32 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
what reason do you think you need it today?
There are some old, no longer maintained sites, in a couple of cases the author has died, but the site has been maintained for the multitude of followers, so that they can continue to play the games they enjoy.

Then there are other sites that are stored on the web archive, Wayback Machine, which have interesting material which require flash to use.

There is one old site that I wrote many years ago which still gets visitors. Unfortunately I'm now retired, moving on in years and have forgotten how I programmed it, so it will be useless to the followers when flash goes.

Newer isn't always better.
Old November 15th, 2020, 06:16 PM

Angry

No it certainly isnt........ Newer is bloated and not run as well,just crap... Doesnt let you do as much,etc........

No reason to take Flash away.. Alot of us play games and all......

Quote:
Adobe will not issue Flash Player updates or security patches after the EOL Date. We recommend that all users uninstall Flash Player before the EOL date (see manual uninstall instructions for Windows and Mac users). As of mid-October 2020, users started being prompted by Adobe to uninstall Flash Player on their machines since Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.
They have no right telling people they cant run ANY FLASH stuff on older flash versions.... They sound like scumbags trying to take all enjoyment away from your computer experience!!

I think its all BS anyway.... If someone has an earlier version ON AN OLDER OS,how are they gonna stop it??

They arent.... Anyone have an email address for these losers?