Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old September 6th, 2010, 12:18 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
dell m1330 not charging

Hey everyone, so I own a dell m1330 and have had for 3 years now and just today, it has decided that it doesn't want to charge anymore. Now I know it could be one of three possible issues. A) The AC adapter has broke, B) the battery is shot, or C) the power block on the motherboard has broken. I think it is C since I tried a few things. I ruled out that it's the AC adapter, because my sister who also owns a dell laptop has the same charger and hers works fine on her laptop, but the same problem happens when I use her charger. I also ruled out that it is the battery because I took out the battery, used the working charger, and the laptop still did not power on. Which leads me to believe that it is a problem with the power block on the motherboard (but correct me if I'm wrong). So I'm asking if there is anything I can do aside from buying a new motherboard (in which case I will just buy a new laptop). Please help! My current battery only has 1hr, 36min left
Old September 6th, 2010, 06:45 AM

i do not reccomend dells...i would not buy another one if i buy in the near future
Old September 6th, 2010, 05:02 PM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishq View Post
i do not reccomend dells...i would not buy another one if i buy in the near future
Thank you for your helpful advice...