Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old January 4th, 2006, 05:23 PM

'one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency'

Sorry, I accidently posted twice - can somebody delete one of my topics?

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone can help me..

about a week ago I tried to turn my computer on, only to find a black screen that went along the lines of "We apologise for the inconvenience, but windows did not start successfully, recent hardware or software change might have caused this.....", giving me options to start windows xp as normally, safe mode etc. etc. - it also said that a file was missing from my computer.

I tried all of the options but my computer just wouldn't let me back in - so I ended up calling this guy out, who tried to use disks to repair the missing file, but couldnt. he ended up reformatting my computer instead and sending it back to scratch as it would be in the store or what not.

Before I had this problem however, when I'd start my computer it would start to do it's own check saying that: 'one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency....checking file system on c: - the type of file is system: FAT32'....it did this for about 2 weeks on start up, without me authorising it. I allowed it to do the check for a few days, but as it kept doing it, I just pressed a key to cancel the check.

Since the guy reformatted my computer, I've not had this 'one of your disks needs to be checked for consistency...' message....until today. it's started saying the same thing when I turn my computer on....and I'm wondering why?

I've scanned my PC using norton anti-virus, adaware and spybot and apart from a few minor things which it removes, it doesn't find anything serious.

...can anyone give me any insight on why this may be happening?

~Jay

Last edited by Jay182; January 4th, 2006 at 05:27 PM.
Closed Topic