Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 11th, 2005, 02:48 AM

Program won't open

Epson scan won't open from the program menu or desktop shortcut or from the scanner front panel. Epson says it is an operating system problem after several rounds of troubleshooting. This is a USB connected all-in-one scanner/printer/copier. It will print and copy. It will scan from the control Panel or 'Paint' or other programs that don't use Epson Scan.
Old August 12th, 2005, 01:47 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
You could try updating the driver (just go on Epson's website, click your country, select Drivers and Support, click All-In-Ones, and select View All, and look for your device). If updating the driver doesn't work, you could try to contact Epson tech. support and see if they know what is wrong.
Edit: You could also try to reinstall the software that doesn't work or see if there are any updates for it.
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:16 AM

I deleted all of the Epson software using add/delete programs, downloaded new software and drivers and traded a dozen emails with Epson tech support. Nothing that I did improved the problem. Epson tech support told me it must be the operating system.
BTW, I can't find a driver folder named Twain. Is this an Epson or Microsoft driver?
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:28 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
BTW, I can't find a driver folder named Twain. Is this an Epson or Microsoft driver?
What do you mean? Are you referring to a folder named Twain32 or Twain_32 usually located under C:\%system root%\?

Last edited by Pi rules; August 12th, 2005 at 02:35 AM.