Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old April 13th, 2005, 06:47 PM

Bsod

Aw, the famus "Blue Screen of Death" (aka: BSOD).

Well folks, that's what I'm getting. And I'm in dyer need of help, asap. Please!

Okay, here's the deal. I'll try and make this short as I can.

(as I posted before) I lost all my data, 250GB/7yrs of work all lost. I went out and bought Windows XP Home for like 40 bucks. (However, they sent me PRO! Buahmaha.)

Well, I installed it, got it working. Started to have problems, so I reinstalled it three times yesterday. Fine, but now. I cannot reinstall. I've put to much work into restoring programs and crap. Ugh, I've spent over 28 hours, nonstop, of work into this!! I've not slept for like three days now. lol

Anyways, long time ago, I used to get a bunch of BSOD's, but over time (reinstalling drivers, installing new memory, etc.) it slowly stopped. Well, after the new installions, it didn't do it. Well, I installed a few programs, it started doing it really really bad. Well, I reinstalled it for the last time. Well, it was just fine for awhile there. Well, I was in the middle of working on my site awhile ago (about an hour or so), and it started to "freeze up/hook", than it crashed. Well, it's doing it once and awhile now. But ANYTIME I run McAfee VirusScan, or Housecall, or ANY Virusscanner, spyware scanner, adaware scanner, etc. etc. etc. It'd crash once it got to a point. It did this before.

Well, I'm thinking I got a trojen, maybe mydoom? I dunno, but maybe ya'll can help me.

PLEASE help me! Just tell me what detials you need and I'll post them. Thanks.

--

Here's a link to the other topic I posted, http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...ad.php?t=73318
Old April 13th, 2005, 10:02 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMenkey
I went out and bought Windows XP Home for like 40 bucks. (However, they sent me PRO! Buahmaha.)
What I would like to know is where you got a legit version of XP Pro for 40 bucks !!

Murray
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:41 AM

when u reinstalled windows did u have any external periferals connected ?
i you did disconnect them, fdisk, format and install again.
Old April 16th, 2005, 01:20 AM

Well, I think i solved hte problem. I took out my memory stick, cleaned it, blew in the slot .Threw in another 512mb of PC2700 stick, and it's not crashed once yet. buamhahahahahahahaha