Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old November 2nd, 2009, 06:09 AM

Windows vista to windows 7 upgrade solve vista problems

I am purchasing the vista home premium or ultimate this week, i am getting the oem version from newegg with the win 7 coupon. My question is will it solve vista memory usage issues, the windows 7 rc that i have is fast and runs efficiently, however in ancient times when i used the upgrade option from 98se to xp, it was kinda crappy had 98se problems and xp problems. I put the service packs on my cousins computer , and vista is still a bit of a resource hog, anyone in the know?
Old November 2nd, 2009, 01:14 PM

ive went from windows vista ultimate to windows 7 ultimate and it looks like it uses the same amount of memory, ram at 44%
Old November 4th, 2009, 05:37 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Just so you know, It is always better to do a full Fresh install of windows instead of Upgrading. The upgrade can and usually does cause some form of problems. I highly recomend doing a fresh install.

As for memory problems. So far I dont know of any in Windows7. It is much easier and actually makes alot better use of memory. Even though most like the poster above says that it uses the same, it does a much better job of Using and utilizing memory compared to Vista. You should really see a big difference.

I can't speak to the nature of doing Upgrades though as I won't do that personally. Its never as good as a fresh install.