Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion > Jokes Forum

Notices

Jokes Forum Looking for a laugh and a giggle ? Post your jokes and gags here. Please add *Adult* to the subject title if the joke is of an adult nature. Anything obscene will be removed immediately.

Topic Tools
Old May 3rd, 2007, 12:22 AM

The P.M.'s fence

Last Sept. three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at 24 Sussex. One from Alberta, another from Newfoundland and the third, Quebec. They go with a government official to examine the fence.

The Alberta contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for me."

The Newfie contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew, and $100 profit for me."

The Quebec contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the official and whispers, "$2,700."

The government official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Quebec contractor whispers back, "$1,000 for me, $1,000 for you, and we hire the Newfie to fix the fence."

"Done!" replies the government official.

'Cept, then ....the guy from Newfoundland didn't get the job, another guy from Chelsea got it...(brother-in-law of the government guy), and he did the fence, added in a number of "extras" for an additional $27,000, and ...got on the short list for approved contractors for future jobs.

The new fence was torn down last week. PM's wife didn't like it.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:49 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
well at least her brother got the money.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 01:20 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
wow.