Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old August 9th, 2009, 01:21 AM

BIOS won't let me change boot order

A friend of mine forgot her password to make things short.

So I went into the Bios and ateempted to bypass it the way I used to be able to on old computers and instead I added a password to the Bios. After entering it now it blocks me out from changing anything at all. I know Im entering the correct password because it wont let me in otherwise. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.

I have an XP disc ready and waiting but the computer is booting to the HDD first rather than the CD drive.

Im not asking a way to get a password. I know the Bios password. It just wont let me change the boot order.

I have the computer in front of me so any information you need I am willing to provide.

THe Bios is: CMOS Setup Utility (c)2002 Award Software.

Thanks in advance,
JP
Old August 9th, 2009, 01:59 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Howdy:

Sorry but if you know the password to BIOS and can get into it, then nothing should stop you from changing things in BIOS.

In effect, you are asking us to tell you a way to bypass whatever restriction is on the system and that we won't do.

Murray
Closed Topic