Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old March 26th, 2018, 09:01 PM

Win XP trashing hard drive on shutdown

Hey everyone. Been experiencing an annoying problem over the last few months. every few days, on shutdown Win XP trashes one of the hard drives that is connected to a RAID controller. This drive contains my music collection (which is backed up) and this is usually the activity I am doing before shutdown...playing some songs. Trying to find a direction to pursue....Is it XP or the hard drive beginning to go or the Raid controller card? Funny thing is it doesn't do this in Win ME...only XP....so far. Any ideas on what to check? Thanks
Old March 27th, 2018, 09:15 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
What do you mean trashes??? Wipes it clean? Makes it unreadable? Corrupts the files?
Old May 23rd, 2018, 01:59 PM
Banned

Try reformatting your hard drive?