Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old April 10th, 2003, 07:29 PM

Unhappy I NEED HELP ASP:: Scanner::UMAX SCANNER:::

Helo, i need some help with my Scanner. I send a email to UMAX about a week now and no one has took the time to help me. If you can please read the email below and let me know how to fix my PC problem,i would be more than greatful. Thank You and have a Great day!! :-)

::This is the email i send to UMAX:::

------------

Hello, I have a UMax Scanner ( Astra 610P). I know its a old scanner and i hope u can help me with the problem.

Two days ago i had to restore my PC to new and well i went to add back on the Program Presto! PageManager, and well when i hit the scanner button it didnt work.

I did everthing there was to make this work and i didnt have any luck.

I will try my best to explain what is going on with the scanner

I installed it and everything went well. ) Untill i go to scan and that where the problem is
When i hit the Scanner button this message comes up(blue screen) "Error has occured to cont. press enter to return to windows,
ER: 06:0200:00000795"
After that i would have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get rid of the program.

( This was all in Presto ! ImageFolio LE)

Another time i opened Presto PageManager and this message came up
" Prestopm had caused and erroe in KERNEL32.DLL. Prestopm will now close"

Then i went to VistaScan 32 and hit Auto Scan Set up
and that came up i then chose
Auto Operation with that i chose these
-Auto Deskew
-Apply Magic Match
-Image Type - Auto Image
-Original- Reflective

then i hit OK and that goes away..

I then go back into Presto Page Manager and hit the scan icon
and this happens: " Prestopm had caused and erroe in KERNEL32.DLL. Prestopm will now close"

After that i went into ImageFolio LE and this happens: "If40le had caused and erroe in KERNEL32.DLL. If40le will now close"

I've done this over and over and over again and to be honest its giving me a HEADACHE and also i have PaintShopPro & Adobe Photo Shop on my PC and when i go and get the ERROR message and try and get back into PSP or PS it gives me an error message. and to get PS or PSP to work i have to restart my pc

I also went to your site and Download : vsc101u and that didnt work

If u can please let me with this problem i would be VERY GREATFUL. Pleaseeeeee email me back ASP, because i really need to get this scanner fix

Thank You and have a Great day.

Kellie
Old April 10th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 8 Pro
this here is another version? (later)

http://www.umax.de/cgi-bin/treiber.p...=Search+Driver
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:24 PM

Presto! It worx!! NOT

I personally hate Presto. My preference is a professional image editor like Adobe Photoshop - but that is cuz I am stupid I suppose and like to make things hard for myself. Presto is a great program for the intuitive "lay-user", it is pretty straight forward and user friendly. I like complex challenging programs... but again that is my insane brain.

Possible solution: Have you selected a TWAIN source using the file menu? If you have not told presto what to look at you will continue to have strange things happen. If the scanner does not show in the TWAIN source list you should uninstall everything and start over. Also be sure to reboot after installing the software/drivers and before you even open Presto.
Old April 10th, 2003, 10:32 PM

Thank You!!

just wanted to tell you guys THANKS a bunch for alll your help. Thanks its working again. OMG when i have a problem with anything i'll be sure to get on this site/m/b ASP!! :-) I'm soooooooooooooooooo happy again ..THANKSSSSSSSSSS:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Old April 10th, 2003, 11:22 PM

Just curious what fixed the problem?
Old April 11th, 2003, 01:53 AM

i have noooo clue i just went to the link jtdoom gave me and dl the program and it worked!!
Old April 15th, 2003, 02:50 PM

Smile Umax

Hi go to the Umax site and download updated dll which is a nice size file they did ...good luck also I have Umax lol