Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old October 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM

O/S: Linux
Question cant access admin panel of downloaded script

Hi,
I have downloaded a free script from cobra-scripts, It is an auto-surf site. The problem is the username and password do not appear to work for admin.
(I can create standard users no problem)

I do not know anything about this kind of thing apart from what I have been reading to solve my problem.
Anyway I opened Dreamweaver and accessed the sql database that came with the program. I have found where the username and password are set. The password I believe is "hash" it is this below.
2$WIW9NMSB2fc

Know I thought I would be able to remove the hashed password that was there and replace it with anything I wanted. So I replaced the password and uploaded the new table to the database. When I access the database it shows the new password that I edited using DW. But still I can not access the admin panel with username and password.
I searched the net and found that this type of password is possibly the old style DES Hash.
Unfortunately that don't mean a fat lot to me I noticed that charset is "latin 1" is that anything I need to think about??
Anyway if anyone can give me some guidance on this I would appreciate it.
Cheers.
ps I have been told that most scripts use a hash password on admin account. Forgetting security for a moment is there any reason you know of why I can not use a text based password on the sql database. I could always change it from the admin panel at a later date once I am in.
Thanks Nige.
The password section of the database sql looks like this
--
-- Table structure for table `pass`
--

CREATE TABLE `pass` (
`id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`login` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
`pass` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
PRIMARY KEY (`id`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `pass`
--

INSERT INTO `pass` VALUES(1, 'admin', '2$WIW9NMSB2fc');

Last edited by masternige; October 11th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old October 29th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

That doesn't look to be creating a hash at all. It's directly inserting that password into a text (varchar) field.
Old October 29th, 2012, 10:32 PM

O/S: Linux
Thanks, I had still been searching and reading up. That's the same conclusion I had come to.
Cheers Nige.