Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Networking

Notices

Networking Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Networking, router, and Wi-Fi issues

Topic Tools
Old July 7th, 2005, 11:20 PM

Gettin rid of darn network bridge

My wife's computer has not been able to communicate all year. Since about January 2005. Since her problems began when she got a load of spyware, I posted in Cyber Safety and I tried everything everyone on there suggested. Nothing worked.

I am a teacher. I was unable to clear my schedule or my brain sufficiently to attack this problem until school was out at the end of June. Then I was determined to fix the problem or get it fixed. I was prepared to pay for the Geek Squad. (I was once considered Geek Squad but those were simpler CMP/DOS/token ring days.)

One last review of the issues, set everything up and try it. Oh maybe a call to the ISP support people (I do pay them $60 a month). OK Try this ... hmmm why does the Network Bridge Properties have the wireless card checked but not the wired NIC. Don't I recall seeing something about the Network Bridge from one of my millions of searches? Try Google again. Oh yes here it is: http://www.cmu.edu/computing/docume...g/bridging.html

I'm not quite sure when the heck I would ever need to use the Network Bridge but it seems like a problem that should have hit this forum (and the others I checked) a bunch of times. It was a big enough issue that they addressed it at Carnegie Mellon.

My question now is "can I just delete the damn Network Bridging icon?"

Maybe someday I'll think of a positive use for the darn thing but for now it is just a pain in the neck that bites me every so often.
Old July 8th, 2005, 03:47 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Yes you should just del it if you aren't using it.