Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old August 13th, 2005, 07:13 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Wish You Were Here
One of my all time favorite songs. Saw Roger Waters and Eric Clapton perform this together with acoustic guitars on the Tsunami Aid show.

Echoes
The song Echoes is not the same as the name of the newest Pink Floyd double CD called Echoes. But the song Echoes is on the CD called Echoes. Confusing isn't it? The original version was the only song on side 2 of the Meddle album, about 23 minutes worth. The version of the song Echoes on the Echoes double CD is cut down to about 16 minutes but still great. I've only heard the song once on the radio so if you don't have the album you probably never heard it. Now that I think of it there's lots of Pink Floyd music that's probably never been on the radio. Pity.

Any song on Dark Side of the Moon could be my favorite so I didn't mention any of them. Great album.

Oh yeah, Syd Barrett.
Seriously great musician but he was the loonie that got off the path.
Old August 14th, 2005, 01:23 AM

O/S: Windows XP Home
My only nearly claim to fame; when they were making the Wall film the battle scenes on the beach were filmed in Devon where I was living at the time and they were hiring all the young local youths as extras, all my mates went but I didn't cause I didn't want to have me hair cut. [I had really long hair in them days]

I did have another nearly claim to fame come to think of it. I was in London this time and AC/DC were makin a video and a guy was rounding people up to appear in it....same thing with the hair except they wanted a big AC/DC razor cut in a skinhead type haircut.
They offered to pay, but it wasn't enough.
Old August 14th, 2005, 12:08 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
All of Dark side and all of Wish You Were Here.

Took four or fives copies of "Wish you" before I got one that one wouldn't skip and jump. For some bizare reason, it was shrink wrapped in black plastic - and some oik must have had the sealer up too hot.
Old August 17th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Just heard this 10 minutes ago:
Woman to 12-13 yr. old sk8terboy - "Guess what Mommy got for you? A Pink Floyd hat! Dark Side of the Moon!!"

And the circle continues....
Old August 19th, 2005, 12:19 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Good stuff Zip, hope the little baggy arsed lad has the gumption to download the tunes to his i-pod, lay on the grass, close his eyes and chills out. Especially if mum doesn't warn him about the shock he'll get when the alarm clocks go off

Who says parenting skills are lost!

I watched my eldest dosing off first time he played it properly on good headphones - boy did he jump!
Old April 11th, 2022, 02:27 AM

Comfortably Numb is probably my favourite song but ECHOES is also good.. (The original one from the 70s)