Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Linux

Notices

Linux Problem solving for all open source distributions of Linux, such as Debian/Ubuntu, Fedora, RedHat, Suse, Mandriva and other proprietary unixes such as Solaris, SGI Irix. Newbie friendly too!

Topic Tools
Old June 8th, 2005, 04:01 PM

Smile Can you accept cookies running Live Linux CD?

Hi there!

I have a Suse Linux Knoppix Live CD which boots up ok, but of yet I'll need to get a serial modem in order to get online (not sure what brand of modem works with linux yet).

For security reasons I'm sure everyone can understand, I'd like to keep my banking and credit card transactions separate from Windows (without getting a separate laptop or put in another HDD).

I was wondering for those who run a Live LInux CD and can get an internet connection with it (not just network please) if you can get on sites that require session cookies like banks, email, paypal, etc.?

Can you accept these session cookies on a floppy?

Many thanks for your help in advance.