Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Applications

Notices

Applications Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of computer software applications

Topic Tools
Old March 15th, 2010, 06:05 PM

Windows Media Player hijack

I'm trying play a .cgi file but Windows Media Player isn't able to do it. I tried to find a codec pack for it but couldn't find one that gave instructions for installing or that actually listed .cgi as something that it covered. I got annoyed with this and installed Real Media Player because it's listed as one of the options on the streaming site but every time I click on the Real link, Real opens, and then Windows Media Player hijacks things by throwing up a message saying that it's unable to play the selected media. This is especially annoying because I set Real to be the default for everything after I couldn't find the codec list for Media Player.

Can anyone help me adjust the settings on Windows media play so this won't happen anymore or refer me to a codec site?

Last edited by FoxURA; March 15th, 2010 at 09:21 PM.