Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM

Question passward screen????

I would like to totally get rid of the passward screen at log on, a friend put it on my computer where I just press enter and it pops off, I want it back like it was where when I boot up it goes right to windows , no login or passward screen. I went into user accounts but may have overlooked it.

Thanks!
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
XP should boot straight into your account if it's the only user account set up.

However, if yours is the only account (and the Guest account is disabled in Control Panel>User Accounts), try the following:

Go to Start>Run and type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes), click OK.

In the Window that opens, uncheck "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer, " click OK.

In the next window that opens, type the name and password of the user account you want it to boot straight into. If there is no password, leave the password field blank. Make absolutely sure there are no typos. Click OK.

Next time it should boot straight into the account you entered in that second window.
Old February 9th, 2007, 11:32 PM

my computer administrator name is not my user name is that correct, one is my initials and the one at log is is my user name. (full name)There is no passward , all I do is tap enter, just wanted to clarify that and yes guest account is off.

the user listed on that ist screen is not my name, my name is listed under administrator

does that matter???

Thanks

Last edited by perplexed; February 9th, 2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old February 10th, 2007, 01:45 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Use the name that's on the screen where you have to press the Enter key. That's the name of your user account.
Old February 10th, 2007, 02:07 AM

thanks so much thats what I needed lol lol, all of you are so kind and helpful.

worked like a charm, thanks.

Can you please tell me how to get my original logoff screen back, this one now has the xp logo on it and the words themselves the other had like icons of logoff, restart, standby and maybe one more.
Thanks again!

Last edited by perplexed; February 10th, 2007 at 02:57 AM.