Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows Vista

Notices

Windows Vista Problem solving for the Windows Vista Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Vista you are using - Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate etc. and whether you are using the 32-bit or 64-bit version if you know.

Topic Tools
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM

Angry cant install vista error message when expanding files

hello

i recently baught vista for my dell vostro 1510,its compatable with vista,it was previously downgraded to xp profetional,id downloaded a program,witch had a virus and kept downloading trojans ect....i deleted it and removed the viruses,the viruses damaged some of my system files in system32 folder,i had to remove the these files in order for the viruses to be gone.iv now no sound and alot of stuff dosent work properly so i sais to myself il just buy and install vista,so during install when the files are expanding it reaches roughly 20-23% and stops and a message pops up....Windows cannot install required files.network problems may be preventing Windows from accessing the file.make sure the computer is connected to the network and restart the installation.Error code:0x80070005,its really annoying,i installed it on my friends laptop no problem without the internet cuz u dont really need it,

i really appreciate the help please i dunno what to do anymore,
thanks Luke
Old July 3rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeu9 View Post
i installed it on my friends laptop no problem without the internet cuz u dont really need it,
Howdy and welcome to CTH:

That's the problem. You have already installed it. Vista can only be installed on one system at any given time. Also, if your copy is OEM, you can NEVER install it on any other system as it is now permanentlt married to the system you first installed it on.

Murray
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:17 AM

oh rite well that makes sense,thank you for the help;i appreciate it,:-)
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:18 AM

but 1 thing....i tried installing it on my laptop before my friends and the same thing happened:-|
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:29 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Were you plugged into a network (the net)?

Murray
Old July 6th, 2009, 05:32 AM

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
http://www.windows-vista-update.com/...ctivation.html
Old July 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM

ya connected to the net aswell and it wouldnt work,with or with out net,mabye its my laptop??