Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 7

Notices

Windows 7 Problem solving for the Windows 7 Operating System. Please remember to state which edition of Windows 7 you are using - Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate.

Topic Tools
Old October 20th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Banned

What are the recommended settings for installing Windows 7?

What are the recommended settings for installing Windows 7?
Old October 20th, 2009, 01:11 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
what do you mean by settings? all you have to do is to place the dvd into the drive and boot. It is one of the easiest installs there is.

As far as clean install or upgrade, it depends upon your current os and what you are wanting to do..
Old November 1st, 2009, 02:47 AM

similar to the above question, I tried to upgrade my friends laptop from windows vista ultimate to Win 7 Professional, i wanted to clean off his old version completely and start off with a clean install, I've tried first running it inside Win Vista and I realized it did not format or remove any files and while it installed, similar to installing over, it was not what I wanted. I then tried to install from booting the DVD, but the same problem. I've backed up all his user files and I just want to to a clean install.
What should I do to get a clean install, I know I should be able to do it?

Also, I noticed I have a hard time getting the computer to even read the DVD. It is very frustrating, It took over an hour of messing with it before it finally recognized the disk.
Old November 1st, 2009, 03:23 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
you must have an activated copy of an os installed if you are using the upgrade version. The only way you can start with a clean drive is if you are using the full retail version of win7, what are you using?

Last edited by renegade600; November 1st, 2009 at 03:26 AM.