Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Web Development & Graphic Design

Notices

Web Development & Graphic Design Problem Solving for Graphic Design, PHP, ASP, Perl, MySQL, SQL, XML, HTML issues

Topic Tools
Old January 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM

How to change MX records?

Wassup...i'm quite new to the webmaster craze...and still in the process of getting acquainted with the web world. Recently i found out that i can have visitors of my website open free email account under my own domain.I also signed up with one such site named BIGMAILBOX.COM and they accepted my application. Now the problem is..they say that to have my own email service i need to point my/my providers DNS server or something like that to the server name they have designated.What does this mean? I have a free site/blog under blogspot.com...can i change the mx record manually in blogspot.com? What can i do to solve this problem...?? There is also another thing in the web called "FREE DNS HOSTING"...can this be of some help to my torment? Dunno..thats why i came here...currently i am using a freemail service that is remotely hosted under zapzone.com But i'd really like to have a miling service under my own domain..like my site is forwarded into through the DOT TK forwarding service as http://kcomrades.tk Cna the Dot-tk service asked to change the MX records or what-ever the email hosts are asking for? So basically i need some advice on how to have a mail service on my personal site..::NOT IN TOO GEEKY DIALECT PLEASE:: cuz i dont yet understand the web-terms yet..chio
Old January 27th, 2005, 06:14 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

try http://www.zoneedit.com