Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion > Comments & Suggestions

Notices

Comments & Suggestions Have a comment or suggestion to make about Cyber Tech Help ?

Closed Topic

Topic Tools
Old January 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge
Hey now, don't bug them eyes out at me like that....
How about a tutorial about how to write tutorials.... I am currently getting GREAT ideas from posts in the software support forum. :bouncy:
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

One of the best 'tutorial guides' is from the master hisself - Jaak's 'Butter' thread. Information is layed out precisely, very readable, and accessable to dummies and whiz-kids alike. (Tho, after 10 billion pages, that one is rather long )
Old January 11th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipulrich
One of the best 'tutorial guides' is from the master hisself - Jaak's 'Butter' thread. Information is layed out precisely, very readable, and accessable to dummies and whiz-kids alike. (Tho, after 10 billion pages, that one is rather long )
Guys do you think its possible for the forum to actually have a seperate section for Tutorials. We could still submit them as per normal and depending if the Moderator(s) thinks is acceptable or needs to change parts of it, it can then be placed on that section.

What do you think?
Old March 26th, 2004, 06:18 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
I'm currently working on a Memory Guide and FAQ at this time. Yes AnnMarie, I haven't forgotten.

Once I finish this monstrosity, I'd be more than happy to help out with a few tutorials. If others need some help with editing or proof reading, then I highly suggest asking AnMarie for help cause I'm pretty much inept at that.
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:32 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Tutourials

I'd like to have just a simple tut on using media files - my latest interest - and things like what software/ hardware is needed to connect a pc to a vcr and burn speeds etc. Maybe something about the different formats of svcd, WMA, etc
I know there are plenty of sites with the info out there but you people explain it so well and patiently.
Old May 21st, 2004, 08:59 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Tutorials

Positively my last post for a while or I will end up driving you all mad!
This is just an idle suggesstion and I don't know how practical or interesting it would be but how about setting a series of tasks for people to do each week.
For instance: Build an Avatar. Explain how to make an avatar, to use photoshop to enhance it etc - and in the process you can sneakily tell people that paying the sub is part of the task - or any other host of simple but useful tasks, so it becomes a sort of learning zone where a person can approach a different area of using a comp.
It does'nt have to be a 1 to 1 system, just a " task of the week, can you do it " and make them progressively harder.
Ok, that's my silly idea for the week. Back to sleep now.
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:26 AM

It'd be nice to see a Hijack This tutorial, on how to identify your own problems but that may be asking to much, or would require alot of reading and referencing, nonetheless it'd be nice to see it.
Old January 9th, 2005, 02:39 AM

Back Up

Being newbie or "scaredy" you might say. I would love to see a short tutorial or bascis tutorial on backing up. I go to back things up on my puter and WOW, I panic because I am not sure what to back up. I want to do this in case something happens or puter warns me something is going to happen and dont want to lose what I have. Tutorial: how often to back up, what to back up, where to back up to. Thanks
Old April 14th, 2005, 07:34 PM

Guide to setting up your own ftp

Hi all , great community you have here.

I thought it would be useful if someone made a tutorial on setting up your own FTP from a home pc as its obviously the best way to transfer large files over big distances.
Old April 15th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

Here ya go!
Old April 30th, 2005, 02:43 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Microsoft patent ?

I have an idea for a tutorial relating to Windows 95 but the complication is that it includes obtaining about a half dozen Microsoft files from the Win95 era.

Is Windows 95 off patent?

What would it take to be able to download those files from this site?

While we're on the subject, what's the newest Windows version that's off patent and freely distributable, if I understand how this kind of thing works right?

Would it have been better to put this post in another forum?
Old April 30th, 2005, 03:44 AM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

I don't know of any Microsoft OS that is not under copyright.
Old April 30th, 2005, 04:55 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
So there's NO chance of those files being downloadable from this site?
Old April 30th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Cyber Tech Help Moderator

nope
Old May 8th, 2005, 03:15 AM

I bet there's a million people out there like me who would love an understandable tutorial on installing Outlook. I have tried and failed many times. I have read what purport to be tutorials and easy references and never came away with the slightest idea what to do.
Closed Topic