Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old July 23rd, 2005, 01:27 AM

Intermittent Internet

OK guys, let's see if we can figure this one out!

Occasionally, I lose the internet connection I have. I get internet through a wireless provider, run it through a hub for three computers.

I originally thought that the router I was using was causing the problem but it has persisted with the hub as well. I lose the connection 3-4 times an evening for no apparent reason. It originally started with a power surge caused by lightning but the comp and all equipment except the router and hub were on surge protected outlets. I double them up using a protector at the wall and then additionally with the surge strip.

My PC occasionally reboots itself while on line. It does not reboot while working off line. Of course, the wife says that it's only when she's doing really well on some on-line game she's playing!

There are no heat issues with the computer as the HDD generally runs at about 32C, CPU at 35C and AGP at 39C. If I shut everything down for 10 minutes or so, usually the internet will come back up.

Anybody got any wild guesses????