Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Phones & Tablets

Notices

Phones & Tablets Problem solving for Android, iOS, Windows Phone etc.

Topic Tools
Old October 14th, 2023, 12:43 PM

Unhappy Need Help Removing Instagram Plus (Modified Version) from Samsung S20 Ultra

Hello community members,

I'm seeking some assistance with an issue I'm facing on my Samsung S20 Ultra. I recently installed the modified version of Instagram known as "https://gbinstaa.com/instagram-plus-apk/" However, now I'm encountering difficulties in removing it from my device.

I've tried the usual method of uninstalling apps through the settings, but it seems that Instagram Plus isn't showing up in the list of installed applications. I suspect there might be a specific process involved due to it being a modified version.

Has anyone else encountered a similar situation or have any insights on how to properly uninstall this modified version of Instagram from a Samsung S20 Ultra? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
Old October 15th, 2023, 06:43 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Hello Tarrybrad, no experience with this apparently fake version of instagram but take a look at https://botcrawl.com/instagram-plus-plus-virus/
Read the whole article and then see the removal guide at the bottom of the page.
This seems to be written for a computer and I'm not sure if it's going to work on your phone but you may gain a few pointers from the detailed description.
Please let us know if this works, or what steps you had to take to achieve your aim.
Someone else may come along with first hand information.
Old October 16th, 2023, 07:10 AM

Thanks for the reply Ned, I check this out.
Old November 20th, 2023, 09:02 AM

Hi Tarrybrad,
I'm not familiar with this potentially fake version of Instagram, but I recommend checking out the entire article for insights. The removal guide at the bottom might be tailored for a computer, but it could still offer valuable pointers even if you're using your phone. If you attempt the steps described, please share your experience and let us know if it works or if you had to take different measures to achieve your goal. Others might have firsthand information that could also be helpful.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 02:03 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Thank you Patrick, for your illuminating post, I couldn't have said it better myself. Glad you found a topic to help you find a way to start your post count towards unrestricted access to the site.