Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old January 2nd, 2003, 10:22 PM

Save Backup Job In WIN XP Backup Program

I use Microsoft's WIN XP backup program only to back up specific files onto a RW CD. With the Microsoft WIN 98 & ME backup program, I could save the backup job, thus allowing me to backup those specific files at random without having to reselect them. If I added files to my computer, I could simply add those files to the backup job and save it. I have not yet been able to figure out how to save a backup job in XP's backup program. Each time I run a backup on XP, I must select the specific files for backup, a process which I find tedious and wasteful. Has anyone figured out how to save a backup job in XP's backup program?

Also, a note of disappointment to Microsoft: The XP backup program does not recognize the qic file created by Microsoft's previous backup versions. When I upgraded from ME to XP, I had to restore my backup files on a WIN 98 computer, copy the files to a RW CD, and then copy them to my XP computer. It seems that Microsoft should have made provisions for the XP backup program to have the ability to restore backup files from their previous backup programs.