Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Windows 10

Notices

Windows 10 Problem solving for the Windows 10 Operating System.

Topic Tools
Old August 30th, 2015, 07:09 AM

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Getting 100% rid of 10

Somebody can give me a hint how I can "clean" my desktop 100% before I put the disc of 7 again?

"Apart from the "spying" I switched and wished I never did! Windows 10 seems to be quit good and it worked one month or so, although the loading is dreadful slow. After (re)arranging all my (screen)stuff including language, time and month Windows in C crashed a couple of days before and I had to redo everything. Now, every time when I start the desktop I get messages like "you have been signed in with a temperory profile, you cannot.....................etc. etc." and I have to re-arrange everything again. I am really FED-UP with my change and start saving what I can to throw 10 out to start 7 from scrap!"

Thanks in advance!
Old August 30th, 2015, 07:44 AM

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistifarang View Post
Somebody can give me a hint how I can "clean" my desktop 100% before I put the disc of 7 again?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...7-install.html

step 7 delete that clean all
Old August 30th, 2015, 08:38 AM

Thumbs up

THANK'S very much Colmaca!
Old August 31st, 2015, 05:56 PM

Quote:
"Apart from the "spying"
Do not believe everything you read. Most of that spying nonsense is just that, nonsense from Microsoft bashers and tin foil hat wearers - then repeated and sensationalized by irresponsible tech press.

See, No, Microsoft is not spying on your with Windows 10.

But for sure, if you want folks to spy on you, re-install a 6 year old, rapidly growing obsolete operating system that is no longer receiving mainstream support!

I am sorry your W10 upgrade is giving you problems. For sure, you are in a very small (but often very vocal) minority. For security reasons alone, it would be much better if you can get W10 working properly - even if you have to start over with W7, then try again with W10.

Quote:
After (re)arranging all my (screen)stuff including language, time and month Windows in C crashed a couple of days before and I had to redo everything.
I don't understand what you mean by Windows in C?

Note W10 is typically considerably faster than W7. Was it "dreadfully slow" from the start?
Old September 2nd, 2015, 01:54 AM

Digerati, it wasn't a question of spying or not, that's why I placed in my question "spying". With "Windows in C" I mean the main HD with all the Windows programs on it.

Yes 10 was always slow whilst starting. I like to go to 10 again but I was spending a lot of time to go back to 7...........
Old September 2nd, 2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Digerati, it wasn't a question of spying or not, that's why I placed in my question "spying".
I still don't understand because "spying" was not part of your "question" but rather you wrote it as part of your explanation for switching back to W7.

But that does not matter now.

I do understand what you mean by "C" now. Thanks for that. Being dreadfully slow from the start does suggest a problem with the upgrade, or perhaps a driver. You said the "loading" was dreadfully slow. Once it loaded completely, did performance return.
Old September 4th, 2015, 06:33 AM

No Digerati, I switched back, with lots of problems, to 7 because of a crash of 10 and every time, after starting, re-organizing my screen for example.

Yes, 10 worked for about two months fine and then it crashed, and, indeed, was very slow.

I must say, that 7 is working fine, after some days (re)organizing and also a crash which damaged my HD. The start is very fast only after signing-up the Internet connection(s) respond first very slow but I was already used to that!

I'm happy now that I'm back in my "save haven" 7 which never let me down!

Thanks for your responses!
Old September 4th, 2015, 03:35 PM

Well, I respect your decision to roll back to W7. It was certainly a great OS. But do remember W7 is already over 6 years old and has now been superseded twice.

W8.1 is more secure than W7 and W10 is more secure than W8.1. Mainstream support from Microsoft for W7 has already ended. This means, basically only critical security updates will be released by MS.

Also understand your experiences with W10 are not typical. This would suggest your hardware is holding you back, not W10.
Old September 5th, 2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digerati View Post
Well, I respect your decision to roll back to W7. It was certainly a great OS. But do remember W7 is already over 6 years old and has now been superseded twice.

W8.1 is more secure than W7 and W10 is more secure than W8.1. Mainstream support from Microsoft for W7 has already ended. This means, basically only critical security updates will be released by MS.

Also understand your experiences with W10 are not typical. This would suggest your hardware is holding you back, not W10.
"This would suggest your hardware is holding you back, not W10."(???)

Sorry, but my private opinion is that Windows is using the trust of their customers to make Windows 10 clear and clean to sell the program finally! Why is a company like that "offering" Windows 10 free of charge to crowds of their customers??

I also felt for it stupidly and the regret came too late! I had a lot of problems to install Windows 7 again from scrap. Never more again I shall be trapped into lost of blablabla!
Old September 5th, 2015, 06:18 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
My thoughts:

The Windows 10 upgrade market is a tiny, almost financially irrelevant part of Microsoft’s Windows business. The vast majority of licences come from corporations who aren’t included in the ‘Free’ offer and those who buy new PCs where Windows has always seemed free because it is bundled into the cost of the hardware.

Microsoft isn't stupid, that is why they make tons of money. They know if they can get rid of the pirated copies of Windows, get people into Windows 10 later on they will buy more.

The upgrade market represents the most advanced, most vocal and most influential part of Microsoft’s user base. These people are the influencers. They help their friends with tech problems, advise on purchases and are disproportionately important in spreading positive or negative word of mouth. So give them Windows 10 Free.

Microsoft could potentially eradicate pirated copies of Windows, the blind allegiance to Windows 7, the dissatisfaction surrounding Windows 8.

In the end they think it will benefit them financially, that is why they are in business.

Sure, you can go snag a free Windows 10 upgrade right now if you’re running Windows 7 or Windows 8—but that doesn’t mean Windows 10 is free. Buying a fresh Windows 10 license still costs $100-plus, and PC makers still pay Microsoft a fee for each and every computer that ships with Windows installed. Linux is free. The Windows 10 upgrade is only “free” for people who have already purchased a Windows license, be it via a standalone license or bundled with a premade PC. You can’t just go download Windows 10 and install it on a new PC without spending some cash.

Also they are now competing with Apple and Google who have conditioned their users to expect free operating system updates.

So Windows 10 may be free but Microsoft will pocket all that cash later though XBOX, Cortana, OneDrive. The new Edge browser and the very operating system itself track you to serve targeted ads. The Windows store is a repository for all of Microsoft's vaunted universal apps (and plenty of other things to buy).

Even Solitaire begs for a monthly subscription to ditch all the ads now.

So is Windows 10 upgrade really free???????
Old September 5th, 2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistifarang
Sorry, but my private opinion is that Windows is using the trust of their customers to make Windows 10 clear and clean to sell the program finally!
Sorry, but that makes no sense. They are giving it away to current users. This has nothing to do with "future" computer sales which require new Windows licenses regardless if we were still at any previous version of Windows.

Quote:
Why is a company like that "offering" Windows 10 free of charge to crowds of their customers??
This has been widely published and no secret. The reasons are simple.

(1) Windows 10 is more secure and Microsoft is sick and tired of being wrongly accused of the security state we are in - which was caused by badguys and poor user discipline, not Microsoft.

(2) It is much more efficient for a company to focus resources on one product than many.

(3) As noted by Murf and me above, future computer purchases will require new Windows - and that is regardless the fact we are up to W10 - nor is that a new policy either. At least not with OEM license which by far, the vast majority of previous versions of Windows were.

But this also means if you keep your computer for 5, 6, 8 years or longer, you will not need to purchase a new Windows license as you might have done in the past if you wanted to upgrade. All upgrades will be free. In the past, if you had Vista and you wanted to upgrade your computer to Windows 7, you had to buy Windows 7. Then again if wanted to upgrade to Windows 8, you have to pay again to buy Windows 8 - or stay stuck in the past with a less secure OS.

This is clearly a Win Win. Microsoft can concentrate its resources on one platform and consumers will always have the most recent, most secure operating system without having to pay extra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf
Microsoft isn't stupid, that is why they make tons of money. They know if they can get rid of the pirated copies of Windows, get people into Windows 10 later on they will buy more.
Right! And again, this goes back to security. Pirated copies of Windows are often infected. Plus users with pirated copies are often those who neglect to keep their computers current. And it is a fact that keeping our computers current is one of the most effective ways to keep our systems secure.

And it is also a known fact that infected computers don't just affect the computer's user. Instead, those infected systems are typically used as threats against the rest of us by sending spam, distributing malware or as zombies in bot armies conducting DDoS attacks. Therefore, with all users at Windows 10, all of us will be more secure.

Quote:
The new Edge browser and the very operating system itself track you to serve targeted ads. The Windows store is a repository for all of Microsoft's vaunted universal apps (and plenty of other things to buy).

Even Solitaire begs for a monthly subscription to ditch all the ads now.
Yes, but if you install using the Custom install option (as everyone should ALWAYS do with EVERY program they install) and not blindly click on the Express or Default install options, you can opt out of most of those tracking and sharing options. NO DOUBT WHATSOEVER your cell phone provider is tracking your every move and action to a much greater degree than MS is with your PC.

Also, you can still Get Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 and not worry about Solitaire begging for anything.