Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Software > Internet / Browsers

Notices

Internet / Browsers Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Internet and Browser issues

Topic Tools
Old October 24th, 2021, 05:54 AM

I wasnt sure wheather to put this on the networking base or here so if it fits better on that base,please move it

Sometimes when im surfing and I am idle for along time... Like tonight I went to make macaroni and cheese and left my browser open....... When I got back my screensaver was on of course and I moved the mouse to get my screen back. When I try to click on the page I was on it acts like there is no connection to the net,.. (It says page cannot be found instantly) I have to close the browser and re-open it to get it back... This didnt used to happen and im wondering if it could be this newer cable modem I have in here now

Does this happen to anyone else where your surfing and you goto do something and when you get back 1/2hr or more later its like you dont have a wifi connected.... You have to close browser and re-open......

Its been confusing me.. Why would the computer disable the Wifi especially if the browser is open!!

I understand if I unplug the cable modem while im playing a game and an hour later I plug it in but it wont re-connect (I have to re-boot usually then) its just very confusing.......
Old November 14th, 2021, 07:18 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Ah! You're in luck, according to the Michelson–Morley experiment, this natural phenomena may be explained by considering the luminiferous aether effect in the presence of both air and gravity within the terrestrial sphere. The problem occurs due to the release of vapor from the melted cheese covering the macaroni. This vapor causes the flux to incinerate the intransitive neither negative or positive field emanating from the WiFi path such that there no longer exists a homeric erebus to carry the signal between the source and the receiver.

The solution is to never heat cheese in any area in close proximity to a WiFi signal.

Air the room and reboot the devices should this inadvertently occur.
Old November 14th, 2021, 10:27 PM

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon View Post
Ah! You're in luck, according to the Michelson–Morley experiment, this natural phenomena may be explained by considering the luminiferous aether effect in the presence of both air and gravity within the terrestrial sphere. The problem occurs due to the release of vapor from the melted cheese covering the macaroni. This vapor causes the flux to incinerate the intransitive neither negative or positive field emanating from the WiFi path such that there no longer exists a homeric erebus to carry the signal between the source and the receiver.

The solution is to never heat cheese in any area in close proximity to a WiFi signal.

I would never ever have thought of that... Praise Neddie!!!
Old November 21st, 2021, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Seagoon

Ah man!!
Old December 27th, 2021, 03:19 AM

I looked it up tonight,I googled "IE keeps going into OFFLINE mode"

http://tech2peace.blogspot.com/2011/...k-offline.html

I unchecked what it said (Enable offline items to be synchronized on a schedule) and ill see if it doesnt do it anymore.....
Old December 31st, 2021, 02:01 AM

Well it doesnt go into OFFLINE MODE anymore but it still loses the connection,its like my Network fails or something..... I have to close the browser and re-open it......

Anyone know what might possibly be causing this?
Old December 31st, 2021, 05:10 AM
Cyber Tech Help Administrator

What browser are you using, and what Operating System? I suck at mind reading, apparently.
Old January 1st, 2022, 01:49 AM

Hmm i thought everyone here knew

Win98se and my browser is IE6 ..... Its very wierd why it starts doing it...... I mean it doesnt do it as MUCH since I disabled "Offlne items to be synced on a schedule"

I was gonan try opening IE6 directly Zip and seeing it it did it then.. Im using MyIE2 which is considered by the computer to be a THIRD PARTY EXTENTION and Im wondering if its disabling access to it for some reason... (Opening IE6 itself might tell me if thats whats going on)

It didnt ever seem to happen before several months ago though,its very wierd....
Old January 1st, 2022, 02:47 AM

IE6 support ended in January of 2016.
Try a different (newer) browser and see what happens.
Old January 2nd, 2022, 04:49 AM

Thank you for your replies buddy!!!
Old January 2nd, 2022, 02:49 PM

....and? What happens when you leave a different browser open??
Old January 4th, 2022, 04:29 PM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
It's called AGE, we age like a Fine Wine with grace and continue working, at least most body parts.

Win 98 is not ageless, it is dead, buried, has died a very slow death, you need to bury it finally, give it it's due. Once a great operating system, it's like a old carburetor on a car, had to really find parts for. It is full of security holes that cannot be fixed.

TIME TO UPGRADE, do not take Win 98 to your grave.
Old January 4th, 2022, 04:38 PM

O/S: Windows 10 Pro
Thumbs up

I'll drink a couple of bottles of that fine wine to that Murf.
Old January 5th, 2022, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipulrich
....and? What happens when you leave a different browser open??
I havent tried that Zip,maybe I will......... (I could open IE6 and see if it happens on that one)

I dont have a direct way to open IE6 (I deleted the icon and shortcut years ago) so I have to go thru any folder. (I type an address into the bar and the folder changes to IE6)

Would be interesting to see.......... Thank you! (And you also Murf)

It might just be this version of MyIE2 I dont know......
Old January 20th, 2022, 01:02 AM

Well it still does it..... I had MyIE2 open and I went to have dinner.... When I came back and clicked a link it was in OFFLINE MODE... I clicked file/work offline and checked it and then clicked it OFF but the CSS file wasnt loading so I had to close it and re-open....

I tell ya,this poor computer has had so many problems and its amazing because this was in a repair shop... They gave us this one back in 2000 or something like that.....

Im gonna leave IE6 open directly next time I go off and do something and see if it disabled that,I think its got something to do with the browser NOT BEING IE6 but a wrapper......

I dunno....... Its discouraging when ya cant figure something out!