Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Hardware > Hardware

Notices

Hardware Use this board for problem solving and the discussion of Computer Hardware issues

Topic Tools
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:10 AM

O/S: Windows 7 64-bit
Unhappy Having trouble installing windows 7 Plz help

Hi,
I have been trying to install Windows 7 home premium 64 bit ( my comp is compatible). I had to replace my HDD because the previous one failed and kept on hanging freezing and crashing diagnosis said HDD failed also had a error saying it was gonna fail. so i replaced it but now my computer doesn't read hdd or dvd rom drive in bios ( says not installed) which i don't get....was there a bios update i am not aware of and if so how do i install it? this stuff occured before i got the new hdd and windows 7. but i cannot install windows 7 through boot because nothing reads or boots. ( says boot media not found please install etc.....) what am i missing can anyone help me? please
Old November 26th, 2009, 04:19 AM

I forgot to mention i have a HP M8530F and have a bfg geforce 9800 gt oc 512 mb pci E
and 7 gigs of ram
Old November 26th, 2009, 09:52 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
a bios update cannot be perform without you know about it.

My first suggestion would be to reopen the case and recheck all connections to make sure everything is plugged in properly - from cards to cable. Also make sure the jumpers on the drive itself is properly set for master or cs. Something you may want to do, try the old harddrive in another computer to make sure your previous problem was a harddrive problem and not a possible mb failure.
Old November 27th, 2009, 03:56 AM

I cannot check it in another computer because mine is the only one i know that is Sata off hand. HP said it was the hard drive failed due to a bios update that was needed to fix a bug. my mobo seems fine. but now i have a new feat. I need to install the update via usb flash ( it is the only thing that responds) but the update is an exe. file and i can't boot it up. have tried HP formatter to make a dos boot but it says it cannot run that program in dos and i also tried Unetbootin and can't seem to find it in directory. this sata stuff has me stumped but yet i have a feeling it is the problem. i don't think i have jumpers set at all i only have 1 HDD in and 1 DVD rom in both sata