Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 4th, 2005, 11:19 PM

Unhappy Mouse & keyboard not working after installation of service pack 2 failed

Hi,I tried to install Service Pack 2 on my home computer, however during installation my computer crashed and restarted. When it booted back up i got a message saying that things are unstable and that i should go into control panel and remove service pack 2 (add/remove programs). i did this as it said but once it had done and told me i needed to retart my mouse and keyboard stopped working. I restarted by hitting the restart button on my computer however the mouse and keyboard still dont work. I use a wireless mouse and keyboard. The keyboard works on bootup as i can get into System Config by hitting F2 so its not the connection. Its just wen windows loads up and I have to select a profile it doesnt work anymore! please help Thanks
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:12 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows Vista 32-bit
Welcome to CTH chino2kuk. Bluetooth? If so, see here