Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > Operating Systems > Older Windows Versions > Windows XP

Notices

Windows XP Problem solving for the Windows XP Operating System

Topic Tools
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:47 PM

Hardly any space on hard drive

Recently my computer broke. When i started it it said i had to put the original windows xp setup cd and press r to repair it. I don't have the original so i borrowed one off someone. I tried repairing it but it wouldn't work. So i reinstalled windows completely. Before this happened i had about 3.5 GB of free space on the hard drive, out of 19.1 GB. My computer was full with programs and music and other files etc so it was about right. But now, after i reinstalled windows, it said it had deleted everything from the original, but i only have around 5 GB of space on the hard drive, out of 19.1 GB still. There hould be loads more than this as i had loads of stuff on before, but absolutely nothing now. I've checked through the computer but theres nothing taking up much space that i can find. Howcome? How can i solve this?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:42 AM

How many partition did you have before reinstall? If you had got two partitons (os and data) then it is looks like you partition with data was lost. In this case the software like Disk Director can be useful. I use it and know that it can restore the partition even after reinstalling os.