Go Back   Cyber Tech Help Support Forums > General > Open Discussion

Notices

Open Discussion A place to chat with other members about non-technical related topics

Topic Tools
Old May 25th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Rampant Rabbit

If BOTH of you saw it.... it must be right rippers.

Quote:
Get an infrared remote. Anykind TV etc.. and point it at a digital camera and look through at the screen or take photo. Make sure u pushing a button.
Just tried that... it works. Might be the reason a lot of ghost pics are captured these days?
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:08 AM

O/S: Windows XP Pro
Ghosts

Haven't seen one, but had a "wierd" experience in Gettysburg a few years ago. We were staying in the General Custer Room. Got up to go to bathroom, when my feet hit the floor I got very bad chills. When I got back in bed I was freezing, but my wife said my btreath was very hot. I wasn't sick and had nothing else happen. It made a believer out of me.
Old May 26th, 2007, 12:27 AM
Malware Removal Team

O/S: Windows 10 Home
Quote:
but my wife said my breath was very hot
And I bet that your wife wanted to go back to this place ?
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
makes you wonder about how close the spirit world is to our world or if its just another dimension of time and space.
I believe the spirit world and our world are one and the same, nothing separates them at all.

But then, in answer to the topic question, I believe gosts can be genuine experiences, but I don't believe that they are what people think they are. A good few years ago, I did a lot of reading up on the scientists point of view on this subject. This is the conclusion I came to:

I think spirits are not visible to any eye, but I think people project them into their experience and 'see' them as a hallucination, created in the subconscious mind. The stimulae which determine the hallucination can be picked up in a phsychic manner, leading to the phenomina of many people seeing similar 'ghosts', without having any prior conscious knowledge of the 'ghost'.

As for phsychic experiences, I don't believe they are what most believers think they are either, but that's a different story.
Old May 26th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Rampant Rabbit

I agree with what you say. A lot of these experiences can be mind related.
There are a hell of a lot that are not though. Most of the replies here.. if not all are not mind related.
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammit View Post
There are a hell of a lot that are not though.
What makes you think that Dammit?
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
Quote:
Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
theres really no need for anyone here to justify their opinion, including you.
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegade600 View Post
theres really no need for anyone here to justify their opinion
True, but I'm curious, and there's no harm in asking.

I read about his experience. I can see how that would convince someone that there is something to the spirits/ghosts belief. But life is full of things that we can't explain. I've had a few very stunning spiritual experiences in my time, but I'm still not convinced that we are ever 'visited' in quite the way that many accept.

I still firmly believe that some of these 'visits', as people see them, are significant events, which can have meaning. Hence why I'm interested in this debate.
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Rampant Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproggy View Post
Well my experience was backed up by another person.. as was rippers.
True.. others may have been influenced by something else mind related.. beer.. wacky baccy.. etc... lol
Old May 27th, 2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammit View Post
others may have been influenced by something else mind related.. beer.. wacky baccy.. etc... lol
I wasn't thinking about drug related hallucinations myself. A hallucination is what can happen when your mind tries to fill in gaps in the information it's getting. These can happen when you are straight/sober.

I've read from a number of sources that about 1 in 10 people will see a ghost in their lifetime. I wonder if only 1 in 10 people can see ghosts.

I may seem to be contradicting my earlier dismissal of ghosts being visitations. What I really think ghosts are, is the result of hightened sensitivity to subconscious activity in the mind. This can be a very real, significant experience, or just something random, which goes unnoticed.

Not that I can prove any of this , but I do believe it.
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:25 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
I work in IT, I'm like that kid in Sixth Sense ....but "I see dumb people"

There is a lot written, and I am minded to agree with, the thought of "mob mentality" and "mass hulicination". I only add this, because on one occasion I saw a ghost, three others with me saw it. The first time I saw a ghost, one other saw it and three others "sensed" it.

On all three occasions, I was later told of similar experiences in the same locations by numerous others.

I firmly believe in apparitions, but I am unable to rationalise or quantify them.

My father is quite a well known "ghost buster" in this part of the world. He is often (and I mean most weeks) called upon by various groups, including local churches, to clear spirits and help in exorcisms. Frightens the living crap out of me, to be perfectly honest, when I have seen him in action.
Old May 27th, 2007, 09:21 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Linux
I do believe in ghosts, spirits and such, but I also believe the mind can play tricks on you by making you believe you see things also. For example, I believe that those who see dead loved family members when they are close to death is the minds way of helping the body cope with the pain.

Seeing loved ones relaxes you so the body can do its work to heal you. Man knows very little on how the mind works. I believe in the future we will be able to control the mind amazing ability do what today we believe are god like powers.
Old May 28th, 2007, 05:50 PM

I don't believe in ghosts, not one bit. But I do believe that some of you think you've seen ghosts.
Old May 28th, 2007, 08:02 PM

Having been to the most haunted location in the US, known to most as the John Bell Farm in northern Kentucky, I must say ghosts do exist. When our tour went through the caves located on the land, I saw figures in white walking off in the distance. Three other people saw them too. We ran after them, but they disappeared. To top it off, when we walked through the tall grass, we heard mysterious voices (not human) speaking to us.

For more information on the Bell Witch, go to

http://paranormal.about.com/od/trueg...a/aa041706.htm
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:44 PM
CTH Subscriber

O/S: Windows 7 32-bit
Dunno why, but just got a real shiver run up my spine reading that then, BH - the sun is shining warmly on me as I sit here and I thought "yeah yeah, three tourist stooges dressed in white, tape recorder in the grass etc" when whoosh, I got the gosebumps.